Department of Periodontics & Implantology
Periodontics is that specialty of densitry, which encompasses the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases affecting the supporting tissues of the teeth or their substitutes, such as dental implants. The specialty also concerns itself with the maintenance of health, function and esthetics of these structures and tissues.
The Department provides didactic and clinical instructions in Periodontology at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Our experienced faculty guide the students in the treatment of periodontal diseases, studies of new regenerative and implant techniques, guided bone regeneration, alveolar ridge augmentation, sinus elevation, ridge expansion and management of peri-implantitis.
Department has adequately spacious UG and PG clinic. It has state the art equipments like RVG, surgical loupes, dental LASER, electrosurgery and other standard surgical equipments. It also has separate seminar room, department library with numerous books and electronic study resources. We have a separate very well equipped implant section with different implant systems.
Undergraduates are taught the broader aspects to Periodontics which includes detailed case discussions, scaling, root planning and preventive Periodontics. Students are assessed regularly for the progress with periodic seminar assignments and poster presentations.
Research methodology is primarily taught to postgraduate students. The primary areas of research include periodontal medicine, salivary biomarkers in periodontal disease, novel treatment approaches in periodontal regeneration.
The department is providing various services to the patients. It includes scaling and polishing of teeth, splinting of mobile teeth, demonstrating proper brushing techniques with models, surgical treatment for enlarged gingival (gums), periodontal flap surgery for the treatment of coverage procedures, Frenectomy, ridge augmentation, placement of dental Implants.
- To be a premier centre for integrated scientific learning, advanced research and a forerunner in clinical practices
- To provide optimum periodontal health care to every section of the population and to facilitate them to attain total oral health.
- To provide uncompromised periodontal health care & improve overall health of our society.
- To inculcate, encourage & promote research in the academic & clinical fields in periodontics among students and faculty.
- To develop quality professionals with integrity, credibility, and ethical conscience.
- To reach out to community with a motto “service to humanity” & caring for the needs of diverse community.
- To provide evidence-based curriculum in all dimensions.
Our staff :
|Dr. Babita Pawar
|Professor & HOD
|Dr. S. Shyam Sunder
|Dr. Shruti Bhatnagar
|Dr. Thaneshwar Patila
|Dr. Saba Jabee
|Dr. Yugal Kishore
|Dr. Snigdha Pujari